Portrait time

My 9 year old just had a birthday recently and of course just like all other parents I wanted updated portraits of him - the school portrait he came home with just wasn't sufficient so I wanted to do some myself.
We start with him and his siblings for the Christmas card this year, which goes well and the kids take off playing. Now trying to coax my 9 yr old into doing his own, he asks: Why? You just took some last year!
LOL, I explained I wanted some updated pictures since he change his looks from year to year and its only once a year. He just couldn't get why I needed to redo the pictures EVERY year, wasn't once every 2-3 years enough?
Well it gave me a chance to play with some new "treatments" - one of my favorite is this B&W version, it does real well on most portraits.

No comments: